What is Alkagrain?
Alkagrain is a unique, combined cereal grain which is high starch, alkaline and with increased protein. Alkagrain incorporated into a balanced diet will improve rumen health and function, leading to improved performance and overall animal health. Alkagrain is a widely proven method of safely feeding higher levels of starch with home-grown cereals in diets for ruminants.
Alkagrain provides numerous advantages:
• Maximum crop utilisation as the mature grain has maximum starch
• Alkaline pH helps buffer rumen function and safely increase cereal content of the diet
• Simple production method makes Alkagrain an attractive alternative to Soda Grain
• Ability to push for higher animal performance whilst reducing risks of SARA
• Increased grain protein levels allow a reduction in bought in protein costs
• Cost effective provider of both starch and protein together
• No drying costs are required